Big Don's Blog

At last, a place for me to ruminate and offer my own stylistic, sincere, and silly ideas.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

May 1 - afterglow

So, instead of watching the Soviets parade in the snow, showing off their quasi-strength, we had Mexican illegals parade across our country to demonstrate their impact on the US economy. Well, other than going to a different place for lunch (Tai), I did notice that there was a lot less traffic going to work.

It indicates that 40% of the gas used in San Diego is purchased by people making the least amount of money. So gasoline is probably the largest contributor to inflation at lower incomes. I also imagine that this group of people do more carpooling that the rest of the commuters, in order to minimize the impact of gasoline prices.

Of course, all this is speculation and innuendo on my part. I certainly do not have any numbers to back this up.

But now it is May 2nd. So on I trod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home