Big Don's Blog

At last, a place for me to ruminate and offer my own stylistic, sincere, and silly ideas.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

CSQE

So, in my efforts to constantly improve myself, I have enrolled in a certification course. This results in me taking an exam for 4 hours to obtain a certification from ASQ (American Society of Quality) stating that I have the knowledge and credentials to be a Software Quality Engineer.

It is similar to taking the SAT, but the knowledge is obviously very specialized.

For a few weeks, on Wednesday nights, I will go to a 3-hour session and learn what I need to know in order to get that knowledge. It seemed like a good idea when I first thought about it, and the man who organized the sessions sits right across from me here at work. My current supervisor, Gina, who sits in another cube next to me, is also enrolled. We plan on forming a study group.

This has, however, severed my X-box on-line playing time down to nothing, as Wednesdays was the groups night for shooting each other. Cest' la vie.

Was this a good idea? Is improving myself, especially for a certification that I will minimally use, such a good idea? My logical self tells me yes, but my lazy self has a different opinion. I am now looking at this opportunity as a social event as much as a learning event. Hey, it is a little lonely here, by myself.

I know that I need to start exercising, but I can't find the motivation for that right now either. At least the certification training is something. I'll start there and go forward. Yeah, start slow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jardena said...

Start slow, and if you don't already belong to a gym, find one that a friend belongs to, having a workout buddy makes working out much easier.

Hope you get something useful out of the class, even if it is non-class related :)

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home