Big Don's Blog

At last, a place for me to ruminate and offer my own stylistic, sincere, and silly ideas.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Eldest Daughter

I probably should post her picture, just to embarrass her, if nothing else, but my oldest daughter, Meredith, is graduating this spring from Eastern Illinois University (EIU).

I am excited. It took her five years because she did spend a couple of years in junior college then changed majors at EIU. Not a problem. I was (and still am) happy to fund her education. Now she is getting ready to move back home with her mother up in Northern Illinois. EIU is located in the center of Illinois in the small farm-town of Charelston.

So, now I must also make arrangements to fly out for an extended weekend to watch the ceremonies, take pictures, and then load up a Uhaul truck with her personal stuff and drive it over one hundred miles and unload it. Yeah, aren't Dad's great?

My biggest concern is that moving her bed into her current room took two adult males. Now that she has broken up with her boyfriend (am I telling too much?), I can only hope that she is strong enough to help me get it back down the small, winding staircase.

So, come early May, I will be very busy and very tired. I will probably be counting the hours until I get back to San Diego to get some rest.

Next is to plan some type of party for all our Illinois friends to celebrate the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home