Big Don's Blog

At last, a place for me to ruminate and offer my own stylistic, sincere, and silly ideas.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Blogger Sag

What does that mean?

One of my favorite bloggers has decided to end the almost daily ritual of blogging. I don't want to tell you the site (although I have mentioned it in the past) because it would be an unjust disappointment for you to read the prose there and know that it will not continue. On the otherhand, maybe the writer will take a break and decide to return, or simply start a new blog with a different slant. Hard to say.

If the latter occurs, I will try and remember to provide a link so that you can discover the site for yourself.

Some time ago, I did a brief survey of some blogs and estimated that most blogs have about a three-month half-life. True, many of them, presumably the better ones, last much longer, however many people start a blog to make a point or begin a personal saga and then peter out in a short while. Until you start a blog and try to keep up with it, it is hard to appreciate the effort that some people put into them. I truly respect those who are able to do a daily post and keep it fresh and readable.

So, i will try to maintain my discipline also and keep on typing. No, I will not be here daily, but I will attempt to post at least once a week.

I also want to thank those of you who do comment. I have installed a counter to help me realize how many people do visit my rants and raves, so that should bolster my enthusiasm.

Until next time, dear readers... BLOG ON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home