Big Don's Blog

At last, a place for me to ruminate and offer my own stylistic, sincere, and silly ideas.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Summer of '06

I don't know if this will be a memorial summer, but I has been the hottest summer in some time. I am hoping that next year we will be taling about the heat from this year, rather than breaking this year's temperature records.

Here it is, early August, and I am anxious for the fall to be here. I will miss autumn in Illinois: the cooler air and small thunderstorms blowing by. I am hoping to make a couple of trips back before Thanksgiving, but it is not the same.

None-the-less, I press on here in beautiful San Diego, and wonder where my heart really lies. I am just a little linely and feeling sorry for myself this Monday morning. It will pass... I hope...

4 Comments:

Blogger I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

Homesickness? Autumn in the midwest is my favorite, too.

6:49 AM  
Blogger five_dollar_fridays said...

There is nothing like autumn in the Midwest. The changing of the colors, the jumping in the leaves, the cooler temps--gotta love 'em. You are here (the Midwest) in spirit at least!

9:40 AM  
Blogger amusing said...

Um. So move back?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Allena said...

Hope your feeling better by the time you read this.

Hugs

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home