Big Don's Blog

At last, a place for me to ruminate and offer my own stylistic, sincere, and silly ideas.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Writing off the Republicans

Has success been too much for the Republican party. Will the GOP realize that they cannot have it all theri way all the time? Probably not.

President George W. Bush is still trying to pull his legacy out the trash can and turmoil that is Iraq. At the same time, he is not making any headway with the issue of Iran and their ability to make a nuclear weapon. By the time the enxt President takes a seat in the oval, the quagmire of the middle East will be no better (and probably worse) than what it is right now.

So, I need to decide if I am going to stay with the over-righteous conservatives, or re-align my declaired party with someone else. I say 'someone else' becuase for me to jump over to the DMC would be utter stupidity and I could not look myself in the mirror for months.

What is left then? Should I stay registered with the GOP and just vote for someone else in the national elections? My biggest issue is that there really is not anyone else to vote for. The status-quo of the two-party system does not bode well for the moderates, does it?

And it seems that the independant parties only put up radicals and goof-balls who just want to be heard. My original thought about backing a Republican was to maintain fiscal constraint. You know, keep taxes low and the economy up. It seems that the current administration has sort of missed the target on that one.

So, with just over two years left before teh next big election, I will need to keep my eyes peeled for other options. Unfortunately, the big compaign machines can take anyone and make them look like something the may not really be. So, be wary, and read as much independant information that you can trust. Remember, that some so-called independant reports are actually supported by someone with specific interests. Mr. Rove has shown that his party is not above any type of madia manipulation to distort the truth.

Boy, that felt good to get off my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home