Big Don's Blog

At last, a place for me to ruminate and offer my own stylistic, sincere, and silly ideas.

Friday, June 16, 2006

And another thing...

I was visiting one of my 'favorite' blog sites: Rhodian Attic and watch a video post by Henry Rollins. Yes this is a politically liberal site, but I want to read what they are saying. Those people who only get the oppositions point of view from their friends are foolish.

Anyway, I wrote the following comment on this blog and I want to share that here:

A previous comment from 'Glenda' read as follows:

Here's my point...I worries me and as much as I'd like to jump on the “it's so funny bandwagon”, I just can't. Those words were so anti-woman, not just anti-Ann Coulter, whom I have no love for, in case you're wondering.

So can’t he just make fun of her for what she has done or not done without making it Ok for other men to think it’s acceptable to talk to all women that way? Because we do have a huge problem with men mistreating, beating, raping and abusing women. The numbers speak for themselves. So while it may seem that I am speaking up for Ann I am really trying to speak up for all women.OK, everyone pile on now. I know I just sucked all the fun outta the room.


My comment:

I'm gonna go with Glenda on this one. I think that pushing back one extreemest views by going too far the other way, even in a humerous vein, only escalates the rhetoric and misses the point.

Lately it seems that the only way to get your message heard is to be so far out there, that people notice. With the saturation of media sources and the internet noise level so high, one must yell and scream and make a total ass out of themselves to be noticed. Hence the Limbaughs, Coulters, Rhodes, and Springers (heck I 'm even going to throw in Sterns).

Get back on message! "You be my bitch" is hardly a better message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home